maandag 12 augustus 2019

Casper II

My Baby,

There never was forever
as truth was present from the start
I díd secretly hope for at least one summer
but your August absence has been depleting my heart

I miss those star adorned eyes of yours that disarmed
every inch of doubt I had about our future's reality
yearning for your sculpturelike arms to bathe me in thy warmth
why couldn't you just stop thinking and instead tried to feel me

I like and appreciate all I have come to know about you
like your passion and faith in that what you're so sure of up above
your discipline that always makes you come through
your stubborness that often makes you miss out on love

I miss the dance and music we shared together
you know, from our 'Trip' choreo to Ro James' sway
maybe we should've tried harder and done better
maybe we should've at least lasted until my upcoming fame would've got in the way

Why didn't we postpone the end until our very first fight
honouring this most precious of gifts just a little bit longer
Why didn't we listen to our hearts instead of us letting me leave that night...
Wished we'd praised this rare authenticity we shared and hadn't allowed fear & ego to be our killers.

MotherHustler

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten