zondag 10 november 2019

Birthday

When you really care for people
you really hope they like you too
you want to shower them with attention
but you just can't force them into feeling the same way too

Sometimes all previous hurts in you are wishing
for gestures of affection even ever so small 
after all we've been through we still keep on expecting 
for others to heal us when actually it is not their responsibility at all

Continuously craving connection with someone
although it's very apparent that relationships we're unable to sustain
always finding ourselves at the lines of the border
between the lies of past grief and that what is sane

Now all clouds may have a silver lining
but all tears reflect prisma colours too
just the other day my kids were shouting:
‘Mommy, mommy! Look what we made for you!’

Epilogue:
My sweet angels,
I cannot explain the extent of the love I have for you two
The limitlessness of my patience to solve all of your problems to get you through
At your births I devoted myself to always nourish, comfort and care for you
But even if it is mé who out of every dire situation has been saving yóu,
I cannot help but feeling, that on the days you both were born, I was rescued too.

MotherHustler

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten